The body of a man washed away in a Queensland flood has been discovered.

Police have found the body of a man who was swept away by floodwaters yesterday in a Queensland flood.

The man’s body was discovered yesterday during a search in floodwaters near North Branch near Pittsworth, according to police.
Police stated that they did not have any additional information at this time.

This is the second confirmed fatality from a flash flood that hit south-east Queensland over the weekend.
Another man’s body was discovered early yesterday morning in Kingsthorpe, near Toowoomba.

Emergency services were called to the scene just before 5am yesterday after reports a man and woman had become trapped in a ute submerged in floodwaters.

The woman was rescued and taken to the hospital in stable condition, but the man was discovered dead on the scene.
Since January, nineteen people have died as a result of floods in Queensland.

Much of Dalby on the Gold Coast is still under water.

Floodwaters in Dalby, south-east Queensland, have begun to recede after peaking at 3.6 metres overnight, 10cm lower than the 2011 flood peak, which destroyed more than 100 homes.

At least four homes were flooded, and the full extent of the damage has yet to be determined.

Several streets are still flooded, and crews are working to restore power to those who have been affected.
Western Downs Regional Council Mayor Paul McVeigh stated that the town was well prepared for the wet weather following the recent flood events.

Queensland flood
“As a town, we’ve been extremely fortunate to avoid major impact,” Mr McVeigh said.

“Once you see the flood rising above that 3.5, you know that 3.5 is a major flood level for Dalby.”
While each flood is unique, 5cm can mean the difference between being above the floorboards or just beneath your home.”

Two evacuation centers were opened last night, but only one was needed, as 15 people sought refuge from the floods.
Several businesses on the Gold Coast have been inundated, just four weeks after Queensland’s last major flooding event.
Tallebudgera was issued with an emergency warning this morning after receiving 358mm in the 24 hours leading up to 9 a.m.
The severe weather system has since moved south, wreaking havoc on flood-ravaged northern New South Wales.
The wet weather, according to Aaron Kelly, owner of the Tumbulgum Tavern, is another setback for his business.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.